Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes and greetings. I'm overwhelmed by them. And my phone died due to all the notifications. But here is the oddest one of them all...
- (Checked into 24 Hour Fitness)
- 24 Hour Fitness Employees: Oh Wow, Happy Birthday!
- Me: Thanks! Got to work off that birthday dinner and desserts.
- (10 seconds later)
- 24 Hour Fitness Manager: Okay guys, the computer says someone with a birthday just came in. Why didn't you say anything to him? You're supposed to--
- Me: Oh, um, sir, it's my birthday! And they definitely wished me a Happy birthday! Thanks.
- 24 Hour Fitness Manager: Oh, ok. Great. I thought some of us weren't doing our jobs. (Looks at employees and shakes head)
- Me: ...
- 24 Hour Fitness Manager: So how old did you turn? 21?
- Me: Yeah, I wish!
- 24 Hour Fitness Manager: So 20?
- Me: Yeah, been 20 for the past 7 years now.
So Which Frames Should I Get?
- Doctor's Assistant: So what kind of frames do you want today?
- Me: Something hipster. Something that will look good for my suit and tie, but also something good for when I want to go casual.
- Doctor's Assistant: So black rimmed...
- Me: That's too mainstream. I need something Clark Kent would wear, something that shows off that he is strong, yet reserved, and full of mystery. Something that will get a woman to come to me because she wants to solve the mystery behind my eyes, and want to take off my glasses and...
- Doctor's Assistant: So black rimmed.
- Me: Pretty much.
Woke up this morning to this awesome text. Yeah, God has blessed me with some amazing and caring little brothers. Seriously. Blessed.
Mom on My Movember
- Mom: You need to shave.
- Me: Can't. I've got 18 days left of Movember.
- Mom: No, you need to shave now! It's disgusting.
- Me: Jesus probably had a beard.
- Mom: Yeah, and it probably looked good on him AND that's besides the point. You aren't Jesus.
- Me: What if I keep growing it until Christmas? I'll be in all the family photos with a beard...
- Mom: Then you don't get a Christmas present.
- Me: Santa Claus hasn't given me a present in 14 years.
- Mom: And you wonder why? That's because you've been a bad boy all these years! You don't obey your parents.
Convo With Mom About My Work Out
- Mom: Son, you need to stop working out.
- Me: What? Why? I'm slowly reaching my goals. I got 20 to 30 lbs left to go.
- Mom: But your legs...(Looks at my legs)
- Me: What about them? (Look at my own legs)
- Mom: They're getting veiny.
- Me: So?
- Mom: It's like your vein is going to rupture. It's like painting a target and letting someone who wants to hurt you know where to cut you with a knife.
- Me: Then hopefully my legs are strong enough to help me run away quickly before all that!
- Mom: ...
- Me: -____-
When my fitness role models tweet me…
And then after I realize this is real life, I’m like…
Late night conversations
One of the best parts about still being in college are the late night conversations one can have with friends. Preston has reminded me that love does exist and that “the One” is out there, somewhere. And as impatient as I might be or hopeless as I am when I think about loneliness, I see evidence of it all around me. From my newly married friends, to even my own parents—I see that it’s all worth the wait.
Patience Preston. Patience. Right? It’s never been my strong suit.
Thanks for the compliment
- *I walk to the register at Johnny Rockets to order.*
- Me: Hi, can I order a hambur--
- Register: Wow, you're a buff guy.
- Me: Haha, um...thanks. Can I get a hambur--
- Register: Yeah, I wish I was that buff!
- Me: Um, believe me, I'm not that buff. But thanks for the compliment! Can I get a hamburger and some fries and...
- Register: Don't get a milkshake. You don't need it.
- Me: Um, okay. I'll just get water. Ice water.
- Robin: So is Paul really your little brother?
- Me: Yes. I'm Korean.
- Robin: Yeah, that's what I thought.
- Me: Well, I'm part Black and Korean.
- Robin: What? Really? Well, I could see that.
- Me: Yeah, look at my lips--these aren't Asian lips.
- Jenna: Are you seriously going to let Robin believe this?
- Robin: What?
- Me: Okay, I'm not Black.
- Robin: So you're Korean?
- Me: Yes.
- Jenna: No.
- Me: Kind of.
- Robin: ???
- Jenna: He's Indonesian.
- Me: So I look Korean?
- Robin: Yes.
One of the many reasons I love my little brother, Mikey.